The two advertising stamps depict the department store opened on September 15, 1913 at Ludwigstrasse 24 in Nuremberg, H. Tietz & Co. Nachf. Hermann and Oscar Tietz founded the first department store in northern Bavaria in Nuremberg on March 30, 1886. At the end of 1905, they sold their department store to the entrepreneur Ludwig Levy. Levy obviously did not want to do without the familiarity and good reputation of the “Tietz” name. This is reflected on both stamps in the addition of “Nachf.” for successor. Levy was so successful that he expanded his business and built the much larger building on Ludwigstrasse.